"2013 NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR"
by the Modesto Chamber of Commerce
Celebrating LCR 18th anniversary in 2015
WHAT: "14th Annual Cesar E. Chavez Si Se Puede Empowerment Luncheon"
WHEN: THURSDAY, MARCH 12, 2015 11:30 PM
WHERE: RED EVENT CENTER 921 8th STREET • MODESTO, CA 95358
SPEAKERS: ARTURO RODRIGUEZ, President of the United Farm Workers (UFW) of America. He has been the President since Cesar Chavez passed away.in 1993.
LCR will also recognize the recipients of the 2015 Cesar Chavez Legacy Award
John and Rosenda Mataka, who have been active in social justice in all of Stanislaus County for more than 20 years. They reside in Grayson. The Posthumous Legacy Award will honor Mr. Luis Bustamante, Sr., who passed away in January of this year. He was one of the first Latinos to get actively involved in Union organizing, especially with Local Union 748 and 948. He also served as President and Secretary Treasurer. LCR thanks Superior Court Judge Ricardo Cordova, who has agreed to once again be the Master of Ceremony.
Welcome to our website, here you can find the most important information about who we are, what we do, our events calendar and how to contact us. Also you can find a picture and video gallery. Is our hope to keep you informed and also we are open to your suggestions to improve our website.
CA State Assemblymember Adam Gray - E & J Gallo Winery -
CenCal Beverages Co. - TSM Insurance - Je'Taime Bridal & Tuxedo Wear
Franklin & Downs Funeral Home - Bel Piatto Cucina Italiana - SBG Spices
Costless Markets - Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson -
Atiza Party Supplies - Stanislaus County Library - Plaza El Rematito
The Donut Deli - Pepsi Beverages Company - Doctor's Hospital - Thank You Modesto City Schools for your support - CA State Senator Anthony Cannella - Mapes Ranch - Villalobos Legal Group - Bank of Stockton - Don's Mobil Glass
BACKPACK DRIVE 2014 SPONSORS
Alice Runnels - CA State Senator Anthony Cannella - Barbara V. England - Dionisio Cruz - David L. Tucker - Cash Dudley-Speiller & Torres - Edward & Librada Martinez - CA State Assemblyman Adam Grey - Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson - Doctors Medical Center - Mapes Ranch - Villalobos Legal Group - Franklin & Downs Funeral Home - George A. Murphy - Grewal Re Holdings LLC - Joe & Fannie Cardenas - Katherine Conrotto - Larry Salinas - Law Offices of Kanwal Sing - Lyn K Zwahlen - Marianne Villalobos - MOCSE Credit Union - Ricardo Cordova
Oak Valley Community Bank - Solange G. Altman - Susan E. Lilly - Tai C. Bogan - Stanislaus County Supervisor Terry Withrow - Tim & Tracy Kerr - Tim O'donnell Revocable Trust - Health Plan of San Joaquin - Modesto Nuts Professional Baseball Club - Robert Serpa
Dear LCR Members and Community Friends:
The year 2014 saw many positive changes for the Latino Community Roundtable (LCR) and the credit goes to all of you that continue to support LCR efforts.
- In January 2014 LCR was recognized by the Modesto Chamber of Commerce as the “2013 NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR.” This is a true testament to all of you that volunteer over and over. As you know, LCR has no paid staff and we are all volunteers. LCR is the first Latino Organization to be recognized by the Modesto Chamber of Commerce.
- In March 2014, LCR hosted the “13th Annual Cesar Chavez Empowerment Luncheon” and over 350 guests came to hear Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante give an inspiring speech on Cesar Chavez and he dedicated his speech to all of the students in attendance.
- In March 2014 LCR hosted the Mexican Consulate Mobil Unit at Hanshaw Middle School and over 400 took advantage of their services, which provided all types of legal documents from Mexico.
- In April, the Dia Del Niño Ice Cream Social at Tuolumne Elementary School saw over 900 happy faces on all the children that received an ice dream.
- In May, Castle Real Estate hosted the Cinco de Mayo Celebration and Impala Car Show and over 200 attended the celebration.
- The 2014 Back Pack Drive was from May – July and over 2,100 back packs were donated to children throughout Stanislaus County.
- In August 2014 LCR was at Turlock’s National Night Out and Columbia Park and provided information on Measure A, District Elections for Turlock.
- In September, LCR was hosted by World Tile in Turlock for LCR’s 15th Annual Celebration for National Hispanic Heritage Month. Over 150 guests attended.
- On November 1st, LCR hosted the Second Annual Dia De Los Muertos/Day Of The Dead and more than 900 attended the celebration with a parade, car show, alter/altares contest and dinner and dance with awards and banquets.
- In 2014, LCR reached over 200 members.
- In 2014, LCR continued the process of District Elections in Stanislaus County and due to our hard work in pushing Stanislaus County to be in compliance with the CA Voting Rights Act, over 7 school districts in Stanislaus County are now going to vote for future Trustees by Districts instead of At-large and most of the County City Councils are also going into district elections. This has been a success because none of these School Districts or City Councils has voted to go with District Elections. Several years ago, City of Modesto fought the lawsuit and lost to over $3 million dollars. To date, since LCR began to move toward district elections county-wide, no other civil rights group or civil rights attorney has come to Stanislaus County.
In closing, please consider joining LCR as we continue to grow. In the January and February 2015 meetings over 90 people attended each meeting. We continue to grow and move forward. Please see our 2015 Calendar of events, it is almost full.
Latino Community Roundtable (LCR)
Post Office Box 4203
Modesto, CA 95352-4203
Disclaimer: LCR is a 501 (C) (4) nonprofit organization and does political endorsements.
Your donations are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for income purposes.